Friday, August 21, 2026

Andrew's New Car

We decided last night that we should look for a car for Andrew. I was worried that we didn't have much time before he left for Provo. He wanted to go car shopping tonight. By the time we left, it was around 5:30 PM. He really wanted to start at AutoNation Honda Chandler. He said he didn't have a specific car to look at but he wanted to start there so that's what we did. We walked around that lot and then drove around the Toyota lot and the Nissan lot. The guy at Honda Chandler had told us they had another lot down the road that was all used cars so we thought that sounded great. Unfortunately, we had a hard time finding it. Finally, Andrew pointed and says I think it's down that way and so we went down there and he was right. It's basically hiding behind the Cadillac dealership. He had been pretty excited about the idea of a Silverado. I wasn't thrilled about that idea but I was willing to consider it. However, the first car we happened upon in that lot was a black 2019 Honda Pilot. It's basically the same car that we already have but three years newer and a much lower trim level but it only had 67,000 miles on it. We were pretty shocked at that and surprised that the price was reasonable. We both said, that sounds pretty perfect. So he looked at another Silverado in that lot and it was too expensive so we went to the office and asked if we could test drive that Pilot. As soon as we drove it, we knew that was the one. As soon as we saw it, we knew it was the one but driving it just confirmed that. He and I both took it for a test drive and when we came back the guy gave us some time alone in the car and I was trying to get a hold of Michael to come join us there to come look at it because if we really wanted it we needed to buy it tonight. They wouldn't even let us do a deposit. So Andrew and I sat in the car and prayed together we both felt good about it. I didn't even need to pray about it, I already knew it was the right one. It was so weird because we thought, we should probably look at some other cars but we said, how could we find one even better? It was absolutely perfect. So Michael showed up and he also drove it and we decided to buy it tonight. We had a great experience and I'm so grateful we got that car. I was marveling that it was less than 24 hours from the time that Andrew talked to us about it and we decided we should get another car to actually having the car. I'm so grateful! What a tender mercy that was! 




No comments:

Post a Comment