Friday, August 14, 2026

Disney World Part 4: Magic Kingdom day

August 14, Friday

Our plan was to be ready by 8:15 AM. I was pretty much ready by about 8:15 AM but Charlie still wasn't awake so we had some more time. We had a family prayer and Michael prayed that we would be able to find Daniel's glasses and I asked everyone to straighten up and look but we didn't find them. I tried to feed Charlie his yogurt once he got up but he only wanted his daddy to feed him. I'm not sure what time we walked out of the villa but it was about 9:10 AM when we got onto the bus. We went to Magic Kingdom and the first thing we did was go to Town Square to meet Mickey for Charlie. Michael and I got in the line with them and got in some pictures with them while everybody else waited. He was so cute with Mickey! He was smiling at him and giving him high fives and touching him on the nose. That was at 9:45 AM. 









Then we headed over to Haunted Mansion and we all used our lightning lanes. Brandon used the one for Dad. Dad had an IRS appointment this morning so he met us later at lunch. 




After haunted mansion, we headed over to Pirates because the wait was only five minutes and it was super close.


After that, we talked about what to do next. Andrew really wanted to eat lunch and everybody thought that was a good idea. Michael wanted to get a turkey leg. Andrew wanted Columbia Harbor House and everyone else thought that was a great idea because it was close by and we were going to go on Tiana's afterwards. It ended up that everybody wanted to order from there. Audrey wanted a place where she could sit down and cool off so that was perfect. Dad arrived right at the time we were doing the order so I got him some shrimp and we all headed over there. Dad made it there first and found a good spot with two tables next to each other. Michael had a hard time finding his turkey leg but got it eventually. I kept thinking he would join us at the restaurant but he never did. I saw another guy bringing in a turkey leg. 

After we were done eating, Dad, Brandon, and I all stayed behind at Columbia Harbor House and watched everybody's stuff. I sent a backpack cover for Michael and he said it worked OK but then it ripped but it did help. He's also been bringing his shoe covers for the Kali River Rapids ride yesterday and for Tiana's today to keep his shoes dry. 

After Tiana's, we headed over to Cinderella's castle to get a picture so that we could get one that includes Brandon. The bummer was the sun was so bright and we were all squinting but I was glad to get a picture of everyone. 


Then we said goodbye to Brandon because he had to go to work. Next, we went to the Tomorrowland Speedway. Nathaniel really wanted to ride it with Charlie because he was tall enough. We were right in front of them and I did my best to take some pictures but it was pretty hard and Charlie was so short that I couldn't see his face unless we were at an angle. It was just Nathaniel and Charlie, me and Michael, and Andrew on that ride.








Everyone else sat in Cosmic Rays to cool off. After that, we headed over to Tron. Nathaniel walked Audrey to the bus so he didn't ride it with us but he rode it right after we did. It was super fun and I'm so glad I got to ride it twice!





We went on people mover while we waited for Nathaniel to go on Tron and then we all met up at Buzz. 



When Audrey and Charlie got back to the room, this was waiting for them. So cute!

We got a quick snack at the Lunching Pad and I got the sticky bubble bread while we waited for him and we all got some waters. Buzz was really fun. Emily got the highest score but Nathaniel did really well, too. I rode with Nathaniel. They've changed the ride so it's a lot more like the one at Disneyland but all of the targets are circles, there are no other shapes. The only trick I knew of was to shoot at it when it was lit up but I didn't do very well. I think I got 243,000 was all. 



We wanted to go on Big Thunder and then we realized it was closed. We decided to walk over to Adventureland to get the cheeseburger spring rolls. The cart was closed and we were so disappointed and stood there deciding what we should do. Dad went over and somehow figured out that they were selling them at a different, larger cart on the circle so we went over there and got some. Jonny wasn't feeling well so Michael went back to the villa with him. Unfortunately, they missed the bus and had to wait half an hour for another one and it took them an hour to get back. Dad bought the cheeseburger spring rolls for everyone and we enjoyed that. Then Emily, Andrew, and Nathaniel all rode on Space Mountain. Daniel and I headed for City Hall. We talked a little bit and stood in the gift shop and chatted. Nathaniel went to the villa after that so Daniel went with him. Emily, Andrew, and I all took the monorail to Epcot. We had to change at the TTC. I was worried because it looked like it was going to rain. Andrew really wanted his big pretzel from Germany so I did a mobile order for that and then we got on the boat at Canada and took it to Germany. Michael texted us saying that he found Daniel's glasses. We got the order very quickly and it had started sprinkling. We found a picnic table with an umbrella. The umbrella was closed but we figured out how to set it up and we sat there for a while enjoying the two big pretzels we bought and the pretzel bread pudding. At one point, Emily and I went over to the caramel shop to get my caramel butter bars and I also bought a chocolate chip caramel pretzel cookie. She was able to use her discount for me. 

We enjoyed our treats and then talked about what we could do. I wanted to ride the gondolas but really it was just because I didn't want to walk so far. Emily said sometimes if it's lightning they will stop the gondolas mid ride and that sounded terrible. Emily and Andrew talked about doing the single rider line at Test Track and maybe doing Guardians because Nathaniel and Audrey were on their way over to Epcot. Andrew and Emily wanted to stay and I wanted to go back to the villa. Daniel called to ask the plan and I told him that I was coming back. They got on the bus and came over. I said goodbye to everyone and headed out. The bus that came was the one that had Michael, Daniel, and Jonny on it. I took the bus back to the resort and just stayed on it through all the stops because I didn't feel like walking too far. I need to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment