Thursday, August 13, 2026

Disney World Part 3: Animal Kingdom day and Jonny's birthday

August 13, Thursday

We slept in this morning. We had a family prayer together. We went to the bus stop at 10:20am. I talked to a nice family from England who was here for like two weeks. They were going to Typhoon Lagoon today. We got off the bus and walked into Animal Kingdom. It was 11:11am when we got to Tree of Life. Dad was there waiting for us.



We went straight to Flight of Passage. Nathaniel went on it with us and Audrey and Charlie went to get a treat and wait. We met up with them in the gift shop and then headed to Navi River journey. There was a short line for a picture spot right there where we often get a picture. I was so grateful we got that picture and it turned out really well. 

It was so fun to watch Charlie ride Navi river journey. After we went straight to the Safari ride. Charlie was so sweet looking around and everything but he was so tired and eventually fell asleep on Nathaniel's lap. I was bummed that we didn't get to see a lion but our driver was really good. 






After that, we all kind of split up. Nathaniel and Audrey went to Satuli canteen to get some lunch. Daniel was hungry so he got a pretzel and Nathaniel and Audrey walked by him so he went with them to Pandora. Michael, Jonny, Emily, and Andrew all went to Expedition Everest and they got to ride it twice because we had extra lightning lanes. Dad got a pineapple crisp sundae which was on my list of things to try and let me have a couple of bites so that was perfect. I bought a caramel butter bar at Zuri sweets. We found a place in the shade to sit down and relax for a while. Emily was asking what we should do until it was time for our Yak and Yeti reservation. I asked her if she could please try to combine our reservations so Emily changed our reservation and that worked out perfectly. 





We decided to meet up at Feathered Friends in Flight at 2:45 PM. We watched that and it was really cool. I loved the part where the bird picked up the empty water bottle and put it in the recycling bin. 





Then we went to our reservation at Yak and Yeti at 3:15pm. It took forever for our server to even greet us. I asked if we could get a treat for Jonny's birthday and they brought him out a cupcake. Dad paid for the meal which was very nice but he headed home afterwards. 





The kids wanted to go on Everest again but it was closed and so was Kali River Rapids. So we sat down behind the Yak and Yeti quick service and talked about what we should do. We decided to just go back to the villa and then just as we were about to get up, I asked Emily to check and see the status of those rides and Kali River Rapids was back open. Jonny said he'd rather do that than Everest again. We decided we would go on Kali River Rapids and then head back to the villa and since that was the case I was willing to go on it even if we got wet. So I told everybody that and they were shocked and that's what we did. We got lockers and went on the ride and we got drenched. I didn't know anything about that ride. I had never even seen it I don't think. There was a big drop and Daniel and I were facing backwards and we got absolutely soaked. It was actually pretty fun. 
   

Then we headed out but I still wanted to get my cookie dough sandwich. The regular shop where they sell it was closed but luckily I knew of another spot it was one of the outdoor concessions and we got three of them. Andrew and I each had one and Emily and Michael shared one and Jonny got a Mickey bar. 

Then we headed to the bus and back to the villa. We got to Peninsular Rd stop at 6:55 pm and walked from there. We made the right choice because we never saw the resort bus so we beat it. I had to take a shower and wash my hair. Charlie was playing and being cute. Apparently, he didn't take a good nap today. We all washed a load of colors and a load of whites. I told Audrey that I would be happy to stay home and watch Charlie so she could go to the ice cream reservation. Then Daniel said that he would stay home if I wanted to go so that's what we did. They got him down for the night and we all got ready to go. Emily took Jonny, Nathaniel, and Audrey in her car and the rest of us took a Lyft to Beaches and Cream. The first driver ghosted us so we had to get another one. We all got sandwiches and fries and onion rings and that kind of stuff. Then we ordered the kitchen sink dessert and that was really fun. They bring it out and make a big deal about it and I took a video. Our waitress offered to take some pictures so that was so nice. I asked her to bring something out for Jonny for his birthday and she brought out a cute cupcake and a rubber duck and announced to everyone that it was his birthday and that we finished the kitchen sink! Emily was able to get us her discount again so that was really nice because she thought that would be over by now. 









No comments:

Post a Comment