Sunday, March 18, 2018

Nathaniel's Mission Call!!!!!

Here is Nathaniel opening the call!!!!


I am so relieved to know where he is going.  I have had a sense that it would be South America, but I wouldn't have guessed Bolivia.  Nathaniel is excited!  He's been researching the mission and the country.  

I had no idea that the call would come so early.  He just submitted his papers on March 4.  They said it would take 2-3 weeks.  Michael and I had to run some errands Saturday morning, and on the way back we stopped at the mailbox.  I was shocked to see the envelope in there!  Nathaniel was at work, but when he got home we decided to invite everyone over that night.  It's a fun tradition for prospective missionaries to invite family and friends over to see them open the envelope and find out where they are going.  We invited everyone over at 7:30pm.  It was a pretty good turnout, considering that it was the middle of Spring Break and it was last-minute.  


Daniel testing out his videography skills


I was glad to have chores to keep my mind occupied because I was starting to freak out about the possibility of where he would go.  I am so glad to know where he is going and that we can now start learning about Bolivia and preparing.  He doesn't leave until August 7, so we have plenty of time.


I made cookie dough truffles, one of Nathaniel's favorites.  They were a big hit!

Nathaniel with some of his friends from school

Nathaniel and his cousin Sarah

Chatting with friends and family

We are so proud of him!

Nathaniel with the Akers

Sibling love!  Andrew had just left to hang out with a friend.

My handsome boy!  He's going to make a great missionary!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment