Sunday, July 22, 2018

Papa's Visit


We had a great visit with Papa!  He arrived on Wednesday evening.  On Thursday morning, he took the boys to get doughnuts.  The kids finished their chores and we went to lunch at Gecko Grill, bowling and mini golf at Fat Cats, and treats at Sweet Tooth Fairy.  

At 5:30pm, we went to Cortina open house and then Bridges open house.  Nathaniel drove us to save time and because parking is a nightmare.  That night we watched Mr. Mom together.  I laughed so hard!  It is so much funnier now that I’m an adult.  On Friday, Nathaniel and Dad drove up to Montezuma Castle and spent the whole day together.  They left at 7am and came home around 4pm.  

Papa needed to cool off, so he went swimming with the kids.  Unfortunately, our pool is more like a hot tub these days.

Daniel went to his friend Colin’s house while Andrew, Jonathan, and I went to buy shoes for Andrew and make another trip to Walmart.  On the way home, we picked up Daniel and came home.  That night, we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  

On Saturday, I slept in and I think some of the kids did, too.  We went to a late breakfast, early lunch around 11am to Village Inn.  Michael and Nathaniel stayed home.  Michael had already eaten and Nathaniel wasn’t feeling well.  After breakfast, we went to Walmart to buy toys for the pool—Papa’s idea, of course.  They didn’t have much, so we stopped at Leslie’s Pool Supply on the way home.  I helped the kids organize their school supplies in their backpacks and filled out the paperwork for Daniel and Jonathan.  Around 3pm, Dad took the three younger boys swimming.  Around 5pm, Dad, Emily, and I all went shopping at DownEast clothing, Maurices, and Ross.  Emily only found one shirt, but I found two.  Then we made one last stop at Walmart to try to find some items for Daniel.  We didn’t find exactly what we needed, but we were close.  Then we picked up the pizza and went home.  After dinner, we played Hasbro Trivial Pursuit on the PS4.  


Dad had to fly home this morning at 11:30am.  I took him to the airport at 10am, and  I was halfway home when he called to tell me his flight was cancelled.  I went back to get him since his flight wasn’t until 6:35pm.  He was able to come back to our house and play cards with the kids, take a nap, and play backgammon with me.  And beat me, of course.  Thankfully the 6:35pm flight wasn’t cancelled, which is good since he needed to get back to work tomorrow.  We’re so grateful that we had this time with him, and that he got to spend time with Nathaniel before he leaves on his mission!  We love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment