Monday, January 14, 2019

Jonathan Learned to Ride His Bike!!!

Jonathan has refused to ride a bike for a very long time.  We have tried multiple times to get him to ride it.  I knew once he learned, he would love it.  I have been having him walk his bike up and down the street without putting his feet on the pedals.  I knew he would get bored of this and want to try riding it.  I was right!  He said, “Come on, Daniel, let’s go outside and ride our bikes and get this over with.”  I came out with him and he seemed ready to try riding it.  I asked him if he wanted some tips and he said he did.  I taught him what he needed to do to get started.  He was already pretty close to getting it figured out.  I helped him a few times, and even held the seat to help him get going.  Once he realized he could do it, he kept trying and trying.  He was out there for almost an hour.  He got a little frustrated, but he didn’t give up.  It was so amazing to see him figure it out!  He can ride a bike now!  Woo hoo!  I was so proud of him for keeping at it for so long.  He was so excited that I took videos and pictures, and he wanted me to send them to Michael.  What a relief that he can ride!  




No comments:

Post a Comment