Friday, October 5, 2018

Trip to Iowa

I was able to go on a short trip to Iowa this past weekend.  Linda called me on Friday and said that Grandma had a couple of falls that week and she had been sleeping all day and wouldn't wake up.  I hadn't been to Iowa since last year in June, so I knew I should take the opportunity for a visit.  Thankfully, Grandma was up and doing pretty well when I got there on Saturday, but she did have a hard time staying awake.  By Monday, when I left, she was doing much better.  I was sorry that I didn't have time to visit other family, but it was too short a trip, unfortunately. 

The Kruses were at Linda's Saturday night, and I got to see everyone (except Ben's wife Lori) when I went over there after visiting Grandma.




On Sunday morning, I went to church with Linda and then we went to the breakfast afterwards.  Then we stopped in to see Grandma.  My Uncle Harve was there, so we got to see him for a few minutes.  We went back to Linda's to relax for a bit so Grandma could have lunch and rest and visit with Harve.  While I waited, Ben took me on a ride in the combine.





I went back to the nursing home to spend the afternoon with Grandma.  A cute little boy and his aunt came around giving popcorn to the residents.  He was so sweet and looked like a little Harry Potter.

Jonathan still talks about those kitties!  I know he would have loved being there.  This is Chase and Claire, Brooke's kids, holding them.  

Here are Skippy and Fred, the house cats.  My allergies weren't too bad, thankfully, as I stayed at Sam and Linda's house.

One last visit with Grandma on Monday morning before I had to head home.

I also got some bad news that Grandma Freese passed away on Saturday, so I was able to meet up with Grandpa Freese, Deb, and Kevin in Mason City for a short visit before I had to leave for the Minneapolis airport.  

I did have a nice flight home.  The plane was pretty empty and I had my whole row to myself.

Grandma Freese's funeral was on Thursday, so I watched Betsy's kids while her and Geoff flew to Iowa for the funeral.  I think the kids had fun with us.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment