Sunday, December 9, 2018

Two Concerts

Michael and I were lucky enough to go to two concerts this weekend!

On Friday night, we went to dinner and the Phoenix Symphony with Carol.  We had dinner at the Compass Grill.  It's a restaurant on top of the Hyatt Regency, and it's in a circle that rotates.  It makes a full rotation in one hour, and you can see the entire Phoenix skyline.  After dinner, we walked across the street to the Phoenix Symphony.  It was called A Cirque Holiday Spectacular.  I didn’t realize that; I was just told we were going to the symphony.  Carol invited us to go since some investment bankers were trying to schmooze her.  I was so pleasantly surprised with the symphony!  I thought we would just be listening to music, but they had a whole troupe and they danced and performed and there was even some comedy.  One lady was amazing on the trapeze.  Another did an entire routine with gold hula-hoops.  One man did an entire routine on two strips of fabric suspended from above.  He did this really cool death drop, and he also did the splits—hands free!  The contortionist was amazing!  Her legs went beyond the splits.  Just when you thought it couldn’t get more amazing, it did!  It was so much better than anything on America’s Got Talent, and it was right in front of us.  We were in the front, center section in the fifth row!  The seats were amazing and the show was spectacular!  This picture was taken in the lobby of Symphony Hall.

On Saturday night, we had tickets for the whole family to see The Forgotten Carols.  I still have the CD from about 25 years ago that was signed by the artist, Michael McLean.  I stood in line at the BYU Bookstore for over an hour to get his autograph.  I remember seeing the performance of The Forgotten Carols when I was in college, but I didn't remember much about it.  The show was wonderful!  The music and singing were so amazing!   When it was over, Jonathan asked me what I thought and I said it was wonderful; he said, “I liked it just a little bit more than that.”  I love that he loves music!   


We've seen so many concerts lately, and they have all been amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment