Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas, Part 2

June 22, Wednesday

Both of our toilets stopped flushing again last night. This time I had Michael call and they fixed it pretty quickly again. I don’t know if we’re doing something wrong or if this is a common thing or what. I think I got to bed around 11:30 PM. The boys had fun in their teen club. We got up this morning at about 6:30 AM. The room service came right away. 


We had some company at breakfast

They were missing a couple of things like Andrew’s bacon and Michael got way too many eggs, but it was so nice for them to eat breakfast on the balcony! Our goal had been to leave the room at 7:45 AM. I think it was more like 7:50 AM but we didn’t do too badly. I’m sure it was my fault. We walked downstairs to deck one and the line was right there to get out. The guy at the towel station on board had told me we could get towels as we got off the ship but there was nowhere to get them. We got a couple pictures taken on the pier and the Thrill Waterpark was right there so we all went in.

I helped everybody get their lockers and get sunscreen on. Then they all went off to play on some waterslides and I went to find a place to relax. First, I got myself a towel and then I went to Chill Beach. I laid there for a little while and did my Duolingo lessons and read scriptures.



The sun went down and it got kind of cold and it even started to sprinkle a little bit. Thankfully, it stopped. The guy sitting right in front of me started smoking. I knew it had to be against the rules here. The sign said it was and that there were designated areas. I needed to use the bathroom anyway and then I walked over to where the beach beds are. There were a few that weren’t used so I went to the daybed concierge to ask her about it. She said I could come back at noon and see if any of the beds were unclaimed. I never ended up having enough time for that. Soon after I found some new chairs to sit in, I got a text from Andrew wondering where I was. I told him I had just moved because of the guy who was smoking and told him where I was and they found me pretty quickly. Apparently, they had passed me by once already and didn’t see me. I was sitting very close to the snorkeling building so they went over there to get all their stuff. Michael was helping them get their equipment on. I told him there was an informational video they should watch before they go snorkeling so they went over there to do it. They all headed off to go snorkeling. Very soon after that, Michael came back with Jonathan because he didn’t want to go. I think he didn’t like wearing the mask and he also thought the water was too cold, so he sat next to me for a while.  He was already asking to go back to the ship. I showed him how to lower his chair so he could lay flat and take a nap. I don’t think he ever slept but he rested for a while. Slowly, the other kids started coming back. 

We all sat there for about half an hour and wondered what we should do because everybody wanted to go to lunch but Michael was still snorkeling. Andrew and I each went out there to try and find him but couldn’t see him. Apparently, Michael saw me and waved but I didn’t see him. I was starting to get worried that he was out there by himself and what if something happened to him? I asked the kids what they thought we should do. We decided that he would probably figure out we had gone to lunch if he came back and all of our stuff was gone. Just as we decided to get up and go, I saw him walking up the beach. So that worked out great. They were going to turn in all of their equipment but the lady said that if you wanted to use it again you had to hang onto it so they put it in their lockers and we headed off to eat lunch. We went to the Chill Grill and it was actually pretty good. I really enjoyed the pork tacos. I also had a Philly cheesesteak sandwich and some potato salad and a chocolate chip cookie. Michael wanted to go snorkeling and the rest of us wanted to go back to the Thrill Waterpark. Emily suggested it would be fun to ride the tram so we could see all around the island so we went to the tram stop right by the Chill Grill and waited there. We all reapplied our sunscreen and then Michael went off to go snorkeling again. They took us through the southern part of the island and then dropped us off right outside of the Thrill Waterpark. 

The line for Daredevil’s Peak was pretty long and Andrew had said he would go on it with me but in the end, he didn’t want to wait in that line again for a ride had already been on. So, we spent the rest of the afternoon going on different slides. The boys went on a couple of the bigger waterslides and then we all walked over to the other set of waterslides so we could ride the Slingshot. On the way, Andrew wanted to go across the obstacle course. He made it all the way across the one where the rope was really short so it was really hard. The Slingshot ride was really fun. I went with Andrew and Daniel and then Emily and Jonathan rode together. You could only have 2 to 4 people at a time. After that, the kids went on the slides a couple more times. 



The boys went on back to the obstacle course pool. Andrew tried the pool rock climbing wall but it was too slippery, I guess. He and Daniel also tried to the rope thing. 


We decided with our time left we would go to the wave pool. The kids went over there while I found out about how I return my towel. It turns out I was able to return the towel to the Thrill Waterpark towel station even though I had picked it up at the Chill Beach station so that was nice because I didn’t have to walk all the way across the park. By the time I went to join the kids in the wave pool, they were already done but I said I wanted to go in for a few minutes so they went with me. Those waves were no joke. They were really strong waves even in the shallow part. We hung out there for a few minutes and as we were leaving Michael walked over to the wave pool so that worked out great. We all got our stuff out of the lockers and headed back to the ship.  


It was pretty easy to get back on but the elevators were super busy so we just walked up the stairs. I think it was about 4:30 PM by the time we got back to our rooms. Everyone just chilled and showered and got dressed for dinner. I went out on the balcony to get a picture and watch the people. There were two cute little girls next-door who kept talking to me. They asked about my big kids and wanted to see them but I told them they were getting changed. They kept sticking their arms through the small opening and the one little girl kept saying touch my hand, touch my hand. So, I touched her finger and she was pretty happy about that. Her dad came out and apologized but I told him they were just being friendly. They were so cute. They were probably four and five years old or maybe younger. I took a shower and had to redo my makeup and hair. My hair was so gross I couldn’t even put my fingers through it so I had to wash it and dry it again. We had all the kids come to our room at 5:30 PM so we could read a chapter in the scriptures and go get pictures before dinner. I couldn’t reach Emily and Jonathan and it turned out it was because Emily was taking a nap. So, they came to the room late but we still read a chapter and had prayer and then headed down. The picture spot I wanted was available and there was only one person in front of us so we waited for that and then went right to dinner at 6 PM. 

I’m not sure why it always takes us longer to get our food than anybody else. Maybe they arrive earlier? Every night when we come in, we see waiters walking by with a tray of fruit in silver champagne glasses. We finally asked about it and they said we can request that so we did. Jonathan, Michael, and I all got one. It must be some secret thing. Tonight, I had the steak Diane and so did Michael. Jonathan got the steak again. Emily and Daniel got the tiger shrimp and Andrew got a pasta dish that he wasn’t really wild about but he was polite about it to the waitress. Emily, Daniel, and I all got the Asian pork taco appetizer, Michael ordered baked onion soup, Andrew got the Caesar salad, and Jonathan got shrimp cocktail. She brought him two servings of shrimp cocktail just like she did last night. 

I guess they must’ve had some extras because she also brought an extra plate of fries and an extra plate of shrimp. For dessert, I got the Tres leches and so did Michael. Andrew got the cheesecake and the other three got chocolate cake again. Andrew was anxious to go work out so I let him ask if they would bring his dessert early and she was very nice about it. She asked if he had a show to go to and he said he was going to the gym and she chuckled and said no problem. 

After dinner, I told Michael we should get some towels to take to Nassau tomorrow so he and the other kids went to do that and I went to go talk to the shore excursion people. It turns out they don’t have an earlier shuttle back from Blue Lagoon Island and we just have to stay the whole time. I don’t know what it’s going to be like but hopefully it’ll be nice. Then we met at the Star Lounge again for another game show. This one was called Rock the Room. They asked for three volunteers from each side of the room. Emily and I didn’t know what it was going to be so we didn’t volunteer. But it was kind of fun because the audience was allowed to help the contestants. I think the other half of the room won. There were a variety of questions. The first part was a scavenger hunt and the host asked for particular items from people in the audience. He also had some leftover Finish the Lyric questions and so they did some of those. He also played movie themes and asked what movie it was from. The host’s name was George and he was pretty funny just like he was last night. 

After that, Andrew wanted to go hang out at Social 033. We couldn’t convince Daniel to go. We went to Café Promenade to find Daniel a treat and then Michael and I went to Ben & Jerry’s to get some ice cream. Emily and Jonny were too full. Then all the kids went upstairs to play mini golf. Jonny really wanted to play and Emily didn’t want to go but he sweet talked her into it and then Daniel tagged along. Andrew met them up there. Apparently, they played a game of golf and Daniel won and then they played speed golf. I can’t remember who he said won that. Apparently, there was no one else there so they were able to speed through the course without stopping. That actually sounds like fun. Anyway, we had some trouble paying for the ice cream because the guy said my account was deactivated so we had to go to guest services and she printed me a new card. She said it looked fine but she reprinted one anyway. Then we came back to our rooms for the night.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment