Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Disney World Part 1

August 11, Tuesday

I'm so grateful that we've made it to Orlando! We wanted to leave at 6 AM but it was more like 6:30 AM. By the time we got to the airport, parked in East economy, checked our bags, got through security, and got to the gate, it was only a few minutes until they started the boarding process. Nathaniel, Audrey, Charlie, and Jonny all went in the Odyssey and the rest of us went in the Navigator. The flight was uneventful which was nice. It was 4 1/2 hours long. I sat with Nathaniel, Audrey, and Charlie. He wouldn't let me hold him so I wasn't much help. Michael was in an aisle seat on the road behind us behind the three boys. The lady in the middle seat next to him had a baby and her husband was in the middle seat in front of me and Nathaniel. He offered to switch with that man. When he asked the flight attendant, she said I don't think I have another aisle seat for you. In other words, she thought he was crazy like I did. But whatever, he's so sweet. We got off the plane and used the bathroom and got our bags and Dad picked us up. He had the whole Walmart order so we couldn't fit too much in his truck. I went with Dad and Nathaniel and Audrey and Charlie, and Michael and the boys went in an Uber. I didn't like the room where they had us assigned so I asked the girl helping me, her name is Sera, if they had anything better. She was able to find me a room in building 15 which is very close to the main buildings which I'm very happy about and I'm glad that we're on the first floor. It took forever to get all checked in but I got all of our cards and asked for the crib, which I'm glad I did because they just had pack and play listed, and I requested that they didn't come in our room between 11 AM and 4 PM because I didn't want them to interrupt Charlie's nap time. We got to our room and everyone was very happy about it. We brought in all the luggage and all the groceries and got the groceries put away. Dad just came to do that for us and then drove back home. 



















We did a little bit of organizing and then we went to our dinner at Ale and Compass. We sent all the kids in the Minnie Van and Michael and I went in an Uber. Emily had already seated our family by the time we got there so that worked out perfectly. We enjoyed our meal. They brought out treats for Emily for her last day, for Andrew for his birthday and coming home from his mission, and Jonny’s birthday. We got a picture with Emily. 









Michael, Andrew, and Jonny all wanted to go get ice cream at Beaches and Cream. Charlie was tired and needed to get back so Daniel and I went back with them in a Minnie Van again. We figured that Emily could drive Michael and Andrew and Jonny back to the hotel when she was done with her shift. Since I've been back to the room, I've been able to do some more organizing, help with Charlie for a bit, and have Daniel help me get the pullout couch, pullout chair, and air mattress all ready to go for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment