Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Nathaniel, Audrey, Charlie, and Papa have arrived!

August 4, Tuesday

I'm so grateful that Nathaniel, Audrey, Charlie, and Dad are all here! Michael went to the temple but he got done a little early like 10:30 AM so he was home by 11 AM so that was nice. I picked up Nathaniel, Audrey, and Charlie at about 9:15 AM. They brought Charlie's car seat so they got it hooked in my car and I brought them home. Charlie had fun exploring the house. He just keeps walking around. He also loves the stairs. I had brought down the train box so Nathaniel immediately started playing trains with him and it was so fun to watch him and Charlie playing with trains because I still remember Nathaniel playing with trains when he was little. It was so sweet! Dad's flight was delayed until 10:53 AM. It was supposed to be more like 9:30 AM. Anyway, Daniel picked him up. They went to eat at Waffle House. I caught them when they were almost to the house and asked if they would pick up Andrew's cake at Safeway so they did that for me so that was nice. Another nice thing Dad did for me later today was assembling the luggage racks so now there's one in his room and one in Andrew's room and Nathaniel and Audrey also have one. Nathaniel and Audrey made their own lunch and put Charlie down for a nap. But he was awake from his nap by the time Daniel and Dad got home. I was grateful to get some tasks done while Charlie napped. Jonny was glad to see Charlie when he got home. Nathaniel and Audrey wanted to have dinner pretty early because they're still on Utah time and so is Charlie so by 5 PM we started making the sides to go with the roast I had put in the crockpot. Everybody ate all the food so that was good. Emily texted and asked for our approval of her choices for lightning lanes so we had quite a long discussion about that while we prepared the food. We got it all worked out and ate our dinner. I went to the school for curriculum night. I only went to four classes. Instead of going to Mr. Niu's class again third hour for TA, I just went to seminary at that time so I was able to leave early. I can't believe this is the last curriculum night I'll ever go to. When I came home, Michael was at the gym and everyone else besides Jonny was playing Villainous. Papa won. Jonny had gone to the gym when I went to the school. I got ready for bed early and they finished playing their game and Dad went to bed and then the boys played video games.






No comments:

Post a Comment