Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wii

Can I just say how much I love our new Wii? Thank you Jim and Carol! I think the family favorite so far is Bowling. Emily is putting us all to shame. She got 4 strikes in a row and her high score is 177! I think that is part of what makes it so fun; Daddy and Mommy aren't necessarily any better than the kids. Also, we don't have to battle the crowds at the bowling alley, and we can bowl in our pjs. :-) Even Andrew loves to play Boxing.

As an added bonus, it is a great motivator. This morning, I didn't have to tell Nathaniel to do his chores. He quickly got them done without complaint (even piano practice!) so that he could play Wii.

Good news--Daniel is doing much better. Michael isn't feeling too great, unfortunately. We were able to go to the YMCA yesterday to do the same thing I had planned last week. I took the boys to the indoor baby pool, and then I took them to Childwatch so I could play tennis. :-)

1 comment:

  1. The Wii and especially Wii bowling is stacked against the adult. I have watched with awe as a 5 year old beat me at Wii bowling 215 to 180. It's good to hear the whole family playing the games together. Unlike other sports, the Wii has leveled the playing field for the kids.

    ReplyDelete