Sunday, July 10, 2011

Iowa trip, part 2

Here are Aunt Linda and her little buddy, Daniel. Daniel saw that hat at Grandpa's and asked if he could wear it. Of course, Grandpa couldn't say "no." It wasn't long before Daniel sweet-talked him into letting him keep it!





My little sardines. We didn't realize until we got there that the air matress had a hole in it. The pull-out couch worked fine. Jonathan slept in his pack and play and Andrew slept in a twin bed in a different room.






Grandpa and Grandma Horsfall at their home. I love coming here to visit. It is where my mom grew up, and I lived here for a while when I was a little girl. We moved around a lot as I was growing up, but Grandpa and Grandma's house was always there and always the same and it still is today. I am so glad I got to be there and visit with my grandparents and share the experience with my family.







Here we are visiting with Grandpa and Grandma Freese, Deb, and Bob in Mason City. We had a wonderful visit while the children played. Thanks everyone for meeting us there so we could spend some time with you!






Daniel making fast friends, as always. They even traded hats for a bit.






Jonathan had so much fun!









Me and my grandparents









Me and my Aunt Linda. It was a little windy! Not the best look for me--this is why I have bangs.








I also got to see my Aunt Rose (my dad's sister) and Uncle Merrill and their kids and grandkids. It was great to see everyone! Thank you all for being there! We had a great dinner and great conversation.







After dinner, we went back to see Aunt Linda at the dairy trailer and have an ice cream cone. Yum!








It was so hard to say goodbye. We had such a wonderful time. Even though the visits were short, I am so glad we got to see so much of my family and I'm grateful to my husband for letting us come on this trip with him and doing the vast majority of the driving. The drive back was long but uneventful, thankfully. I am so grateful we got to go!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment