Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Emily's Field Trip to the Musical Instrument Museum

Emily's band teacher needed more chaperones for her field trip, so I was thrilled that I got to go!  Usually I lose the field trip lottery, but I guess it's harder for them to find chaperones for high schoolers.  I don't know why--the kids in my group were really good.  It was a fun time.  I didn't know what to expect at the Musical Instrument Museum but I was really impressed.  It was a very nice museum and the exhibits were great.  I loved how we could use the headsets they gave us to hear the different sounds of instruments at different displays. I really enjoyed it, and of course I was thrilled to be there with Emily.  After the museum, we went to an outdoor mall area for lunch.  As Emily and I walked to check out the restaurants, another mom lamented that her daughter didn't want to go to lunch with her and preferred to hang out with her friends.  Not my girl!  She was glad to go to lunch with me. :-) 

Here are some of the cool displays
This is an Ud

Emily and her friend, Grace

Instruments made from bamboo

I thought this one shaped like an alligator was cool

My flute player!

Argentina--where Michael went on his mission

Bolivia--where Nathaniel is on his mission.  We thought it was cool that it actually says Bolivia...Mission

Double-bell Euphonium

Steinway piano

Emily figured out how to play I See the Light on this harp


She says she wants one for Christmas.  Oh, and a Steinway grand piano as well, haha!

2 comments:

  1. Russ had just watched a show last week that showed someone playing the 12-foot tall bass. I think we'll have to make a detour there on our next trip out.
    So glad Emily actually wanted to eat with you. Last field trip I chaperoned, Piper wanted to ride the bus back to school and then home rather than drive home directly with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bass was enormous! Yes, I think you would love the museum. I thought it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete