Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012


Here is the pumpkin Michael and the kids carved.  Well, Michael did the carving and the kids cheered him on. :-)  Spooky!
 


This was taken at our ward's Fall Festival.  There was a chili/soup cookoff.  I won for best unusual chili--unusual in the sense that mine was the only soup and all the others were chili.  After the meal, the kids trick-or-treated around the hallway to the different rooms, where families had decorated.  This picture is Jonathan with his "best friend" Annie Mae.  She was a cat, and he was Mickey Mouse!

Nathaniel was too cool for an actual costume, and everyone thought this was pretty clever.

Ready for some trick-or-treating!  Daniel was Thomas again, Andrew was a pirate, and Emily was a sorceress.  I took the kids this time, while Michael stayed home to hand out candy.  He even had some Halloween music playing for the trick-or-treaters.

Here is a good picture of Jonathan in his costume.  He didn't want to wear the ears, but I finally convinced him.  It would have been even cuter with white gloves, but I didn't even bother because I knew he wouldn't wear them.  I tried putting black makeup on his nose for a Mickey nose, but he hated it.  He cried until I wiped it off, and he then proceeded to scold me for a few minutes about how he never wanted me to do that again.  Sheesh!  Another cute thing Jonathan kept doing--if he didn't like the candy, he handed it back to the person at the door.  It was so embarrassing and so cute at the same time.  It was like he was saying, "Um, I don't like these.  What else ya got?"

Emily as a sorceress.  She had wanted to be a zombie, but we talked her out of it.

The LOOT! (this is from the Fall Festival, trick-or-treating for Andrew and Daniel at their school, and trick-or-treating in our neighborhood)

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment