Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lemonade Stand

This weekend was wonderful!  It was General Conference, so we got to hear from our prophet and apostles by satellite broadcast.  It is always a blessing to hear their counsel and to be together as a family.  One of my favorites was a talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, here.  I realize that it's a little ironic that I'm posting a link to it--those who heard it will understand. :-)   

On Saturday, our neighborhood had a community yard sale.  The kids had their hearts set on doing a lemonade stand.  We tried to explain that not many people would want to buy lemonade on a cool morning, but they were undeterred.  So, I made a batch of pan cookies and we made two gallons of lemonade.  Saturday morning, Emily and Andrew were at my bedside by 6:45am telling me, "Mom, we better get started!"  Groan!  They guilted me into getting up and we were out there bright and early.  We had asked our neighbor if we could set up on his corner and there was a lot of traffic.  The kids made $25!  Nathaniel and Daniel had said they weren't interested, but I think they were sorry for that when they found out how much Andrew and Emily made.  We quit after we sold the last cookie, which was around 9:30am.  Some people just stopped to give them money because they were so cute.  It was actually a lot of fun.


While Andrew, Emily and I were at the lemonade stand, Michael was in the house with Jonny and Nathaniel was riding around looking for deals at the yard sales.  He found a nice Lego set for $2, so he was pretty excited about that.  Daniel practiced riding the scooter.  He came over to me and I couldn't help giggling--he was using three of Emily's pink knee and elbow pads and one of Andrew's, and he had put elbow pads on his calves and knee pads on his elbows.  "Safety always comes first, Mom!" he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment