Sunday, August 19, 2012

Washington, DC Trip Part 6


Monday was Andrew’s favorite day.  I surprised him with a trip to the National Geographic Museum to see their Titanic exhibit.  We took the car and Michael took the Metro.  Andrew loved the exhibit!  He is obsessed with everything about Titanic.  He talks about it daily.  After the exhibit, we drove to Georgetown Cupcake, which is featured on the Food Network show DC Cupcakes.  It was a tiny little store with only three tables and it was packed!  We got there at a good time, because by the time we left the line was out the door.  Jonathan slept through the whole thing.  We got him a cupcake for later, but he wasn’t too excited about it once he woke up.  I think he prefers Gigi's.  After that we drove to Chick Fil A for lunch (I had promised Emily we would go there since we missed Dress Up Like a Cow day) and then back to the hotel to do laundry and eat dinner.




This is one of the actual rescue boats they used in the movie Titanic.


 "I'm the king of the world!"  Andrew hasn't seen the movie, but he thought this picture was cool.


Georgetown Cupcake
It was really good, but if I'm being honest the ones we get at Gigi's are just as good.  I really liked the creamy, light frosting.


 This child will sleep through anything.

Georgetown was awesome!  It was fun to see all of the cool shops and restaurants.  If I go back, I would love to spend more time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment